HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HOUSTON/GALVESTON TX
408 PM CDT MON MAY 12 2014
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR PORTIONS OF SOUTHEAST TEXAS.
.DAY ONE…THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT
SCATTERED SHOWERS WITH ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WILL CONTINUE THIS
EVENING AS A COLD FRONT APPROACHES FROM THE NORTHWEST.
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN…TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY
A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH THE AREA ON TUESDAY WITH SHOWERS
AND THUNDERSTORMS EXPECTED ALONG THE FRONT. ADDITIONAL SHOWERS
WITH ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED THROUGH THE DAY BEHIND
THE FRONT. RAINFALL AMOUNTS WILL AVERAGE AROUND ONE HALF TO ONE
INCH ACROSS THE AREA THROUGH LATE TUESDAY.
- Tonight: Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Southeast winds 10 to 20 mph.
- Tuesday Cloudy: A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning…then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent in the morning increasing to 60 percent in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night: Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cooler. Lows in the lower 60s inland…in the mid 60s coast. North winds 10 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday: Mostly cloudy until late afternoon then becoming partly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning…then a 20 percent chance in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. North winds 10 to 20 mph.
- Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s inland…in the upper 50s coast. North winds 10 to 15 mph.